Thursday 31 March 2022

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran 


At Eight and Fifty 
I learned to take baby steps again 
For neuropathy had laid me down 
Making the path to recovery ardous and painful 

With lead in the thighs 
Gritting the teeth 
I took one ginger step ahead of another 
Braving the pain shooting up the legs 

As the days went by 
One step led to ten 
Ten to hundred 
Hundred to thousands 

Calling out to Devi in anguish 
Turned to a song in praise of her 
As she handheld me slowly but steadily 
To attain a sense of normalcy 

Life last few months hasn't been easy 
Living with pain never is 
But there is always a silver lining 
In the darkest of the skies 

The ordeal made me shed my haughtiness 
Taught me not to take anything for granted 
Made me humble and thankful 
Only regret being it took me so long to realize 

PS: I tried my hands at poetry just to satisfy a personal whim. Do not intend to write poems again

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...