Tuesday 2 February 2010

An exciting prospect

iPad looks interesting. I see visions of my personal library becoming obsolete. I can visualize all my favourite books stored in iPad that I can carry anywhere. The prospect is mind boggling.
I still feel iPad is a few years ahead of its time. Poorer bandwidth across the globe might hamper us realizing the full potential of iPad. But the publishing industry must be heaving a sigh of relief. This industry has been hit by lack of readership, higher input costs and coslier distribution expenses. In one shot, the digitalized books that can be loaded to iPad will solve all the above problems.Of course one thing they cannot change is the unwillingness of the people to read in depth. This is an attitude change, but attractive multimedia books may make customers revert to reading. Another interesting possibility is embedding videos or podcasts into books that can be loaded to iPad.
I see the future now and eagerly look forward to it.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...