Monday 9 January 2012

And the Mahabharath Awards go to............................

I was engrossed in typing an official mail last night, when there was a tap on my shoulder. With a jerk, I turned around and found to my relief that it was my dear friend Budhirakshasan, who has been out of touch with me for more than a couple of months now.

"Hello BR, Happy New Year"

"Swamy. How have you been keeping"

"Am fine BR. Tell me what is hot in Delhi"

"Grrrr... Swamy ........You are pulling my leg........It is damn cold in Delhi"

"Err.......I am not talking about the weather............but am out of touch with Delhi news since you disappeared"

"Ha........Swamy........You know the Republic Day is a fortnight away, and it is time to announce the National Awards"

"Will Sachin get the Bharath Ratna?", I asked the million dollar question.

"Poor guy. He would have, if India had done well in Australia. The popular mood is against Cricketers currently and the Con Government do not want to go against it. All Makens effort have come to nought"

"Then who gets BR.........you?"

"Me? Are you out of your ****ing mind Swamy"

"He he............Bharath Ratna is BR and you are BudhiRakshasan, BR"

"Hmmmmmmm.......trying to be funny eh?...........I know the UPA Government is crazy, but even they are not that crazy......But Manmohan Singh...................."

"What? MMS to get BR?"- I was so agitated I almost fell down.

"Relax Swamy. I know how you feel. He is not getting BR, but he is being given another award"
"Whew" (I wiped my brow). "So is he getting Padma Vibhushan?"

"No no. We have only Mahabharath Awards from this year.He is getting the "Dhritharashtra Award""

"Eh?"

"For seeing no evil, hearing no evil and supporting his corrupt kaurava ministers till the end"

"Umm....... "Shikhandi Award" would have been more apt

"You have a point there Swamy", BR was quite appreciative for once.

"How about the other awards BR?"

"Sakuni Award goes jointly to Kapil Sibal and Abhishek Manu Singhvi for trying to discredit Anna Hazare and ensuring Lokpal never saw the light of the day"

"The Uthara Kumaran Award goes to the Rahul Gandhi for running away from every single issue without joining the battle"

"Gandhari Award goes to Sonia Gandhi for being silent and turning a blind eye to the misdeeds of all around her"

"The Draupadi Award goes jointly to Jayalalitha and Mamata Bannerjee for their tenacity and perseverence"

"The Dussasana Award goes to P Chidambaram for his crackdown on Baba Ramdev that led to the death (killing) of  Rajbala"

"The Jayadratha Award goes to Sharad Pawar for being publically humilated with a slap"

"And.........................................."

"Thanks BR. I have heard enough for a day. My head is spinning"

"Yadha yadha hi Dharmasya................................Sambhavami Yuge Yuge" - saying thus BR vanished

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...