Monday 16 February 2015

Difference between a Brahmin and a Kshatriya

I have been vilified a lot for my acerbic tongue. Normally an easy going person with a laid back attitude and a quick wit, I have always wondered how I got the image of a person whose words are sharp that hurt.
 
Then I came across this while reading the explanation of a Shloka in Devi Mahatmyam,
 
 
 
Navaneetham Hrudayam Brahmanasya Vacha: Kshuropa Nihitha Theeshna Dharam;
Vipareethamethadu Bhayam Kshatriyasya, Vak Navaneetham, Hrudayam Theeshan Dharam
 
 
A Brahmin's heart is as soft as a fresh butter, but his words? they are as sharp as the edge of a Knife. The opposite is the case of a Kshatriya. His words are soft like a butter, but his heart is as tough/sharp as a steel (knife)

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...