Monday 16 March 2015

BR is losing his touch

Buddhi Rakshasan was upset with me and refused to take my calls. But my persistence paid off, and he relented.

"Swamy, you have forgotten me. It is ages since you talked to me"

"I am sorry BR. No excuses. Just one of those phases when I retreat to myself. So what is new  these days?"

"This guy Ajit Duval has made life difficult for flies in the walls like me. Very difficult to get inside information these days"

"Ah.............................."

"I am afraid I cannot give you any political gossips, though there are plenty irrelevant things about Congress and APP"

"I am not interested in both of them. Anyway there is nothing secret about both. The dirty linen is washed in the public"

"I have some inside information regarding Indian Cricket"

"That should be interesting"

"Dhoni is definitely on his way out after the WC, irrespective of what happens in the knockout stages"

"That is no secret"

"With him his chamchas will also leave"

"That is the best piece of news you could have given me, which means.................."

"Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina, Ishant Sharma and even Rohit Sharma"

"If Kohli takes over, then........................"

"Shikhar Dhawan will be feeling shaky after their spat in Australia. He is a marked man"

"Only Murali Vijay, Rahane is sure of their places under Kohli amongst the batsmen, Shami and Bhuvi amongst the bowlers along with Ashwin are bound to be in"

" Hmm..............."

"With Dalmiya at the helm, expect Wridhiman Saha to have a long run and perhaps Ashok Dinda and Manoj Tiwari"

"Oh no!"

"Saurav Ganguly will replace Ravi Shastri as Team Director"

"Saurav is ok. He at least has a good cricketing brain"

"Duncan Fletches is out and we may not have a foreign coach at all"

"With Saurav in charge, we might see some youngsters being roped in"

"But where are the youngsters?"

"Swamy! There are some good ones around but because of the focus on IPL, we don't get to hear of them. It is time to really have a go with Rahul, Unmukht, Baba Aparajith. And there is none better to groom them than Saurav"

"Is Kohlis temperament as a Captain suspect?"

"He is aggressive alright but he needs to accept the reality that our bowling as it stands today is not going to win Test Matches, either home or abroad"

"What will Dhoni et al do?"

"Dhoni is learning baby sitting, Raina will settle into a quiet married life, Jadeja will become another Irfan Pathan, and Shikhar Dhawan will play Big Bash in Australia, to be with his family"

I took leave of BR, but got a nagging feeling that he has lost his touch. Must be the inaction of the past year when he is not getting fodder for gossip from the Government.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...