Wednesday 7 October 2015

Success at last!

My father always accused me of not being tenacious enough. He was also unhappy I was not ambitious and a bit of an under achiever.

I am still not ambitious and believe firmly in Nishkama Karma.

Though early in life I got things easily without putting in the hard yards, the last decade and a half has taught me many lessons, and the results were not quite in line with my efforts. I had to struggle for even small successes, which never came when I wanted, but after a prolonged struggle. So much so that when the goal was finally attained, the feeling is one of relief than joy.

Today is one such day.

I conceived a big project in 2010 for my Company and thought it will become a reality in 2011. Everyone associated with the project gave it up for good by 2012 but I kept it alive. It was sheer obstinacy at times. I was ridiculed and I could sense people making snide remarks behind my back. Finally there was array of hope on 1st January 2015. Again hopes rose, only to fall by April. But I plodded on, made painful progress step by small step and finally, last weekend everything fell in place and today a new company with a Capital of OMR 500,000 was finally registered to manage a OMR 4 million project. This company will offer Drilling Tools on Rental and the Investing Partner is a very successful businessman and a real gentleman, which augurs well for the future.

I should be feeling on top of the world but I am just too tired. But there is a satisfaction in this tiredness.

This journey of 5 years taught me patience, perseverance, tenacity and the value of plain honest hard work.

And it was pure Nishkama karma.

My father is no more, having died in 2004. But I am sure from somewhere up there he must be feeling content in his own enigmatic, understated way.


LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...