Wednesday 12 August 2020

You can learn from anyone

I had just joined HPCL in 1989, and was in Chennai. Roaming around near Siva Vishnu Temple in T Nagar, I was accosted by a Lady Selling Flower' "Ayya, Poo Vaankungo. Veettukkarikku kudungo. Nalla Malli Poo. Adukka thoduthirukken" "Enakku Kalyanam Aakalaye" "Azhaga Sevappa irukkenga. Kathalikku vangi kudungo" Smiling I said " Enakku Kathali illaimma" She persisted "Ammakku kudukkalame. Santhosha peduva" "Amma oorile irukka. Naan thaniya than irukken" Pointing at the temple she insisted " Appadinna Kadavulkkaga vaangi podungo. Seeghram kalyanam Nadakkum" Just to humour her and her superb ability to create a need, I bought 5 muzham poo and went inside the Temple I used to give this as example while teaching Need, Want and Demand to may MBA Students & they were "Eh? You giving silly examples of a flower lady to teach concepts?" Look around. The average Street Sales guy will teach you more about Marketing than any Harvard Professor

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...