Sunday 5 September 2010

Guruve Namaha:

Akhanda Mandalaakaaram



Vyaaptam Yenam charaacharam



Tatpadam Darshitam Yena



Tasmai Sri Gurave Namaha.

A loose translation is as follows, "Guru can guide us to the supreme knowledge of THAT which pervades all the living and non-living beings in the entire Universe (namely Brahman). I salute such a Guru"


Teacher's day gives me mixed feelings. On the one hand I have always regretted that I was never blessed to have one ideal guru who had a profound influence on me, though there were many who contributed in one way or other to me being what I am today. On the other hand, I am apprehensive whether I have lived upto the expectation of my students myself. And then there is a feeling of gratitude to God for giving me the opportunity to be a Guru in this short life, a role that has given me immense satisfaction.

But this Teacher's day has a melancholy touch to it. It will be the last Teacher's day as an active Teacher. Professional developments and a personal decision has led me to draw the curtains on my teaching career. The Marketing Management and Macro Economics lectures I conduct for my MBA students is likely to be the last.

I shall be taking a sabbatical for a couple of years, during which I shall be working on a dream project on Education, aimed at school kids aged 8-14. A project, I hope, that shall shape the personality of at least a few thousands of young kids. Kids have always been close to my heart and I have always regretted not using my skills as a Guru on them. I enjoy being with kids and the feeling is mutual. Being with them, interacting with them, teaching them and learning from them should give me the peace of mind, sense of satisfaction and an attainment of certain self actualization needs.

But all that is in the future.

For now, 'Au revoir'

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...