Thursday 30 September 2010

Random thoughts on reaching Muscat after a decade in Kuwait

At last, a total change of life! Quite welcome, after a decade in Kuwait.

Landed yesterday in Muscat, to begin a fresh chapter.

The mountainous Muscat with its flat constructions, looks more like India than India itself. Quite unlike Kuwait, with tall skyscrapers and glass buildings.

In the process of finding a house, and settling down.

Blogging will be sporadic in the coming days. Bear with me.

Anyway, nothing much is happening anywhere. India looks more like an umpteenth episode of a never ending soap opera - food inflation still above 16%, general inflation hovering around 10%, government clueless, and people getting on with their life. Even the Ayodhya judgement isnt anything to write about.

Gave up my teaching career on 27th. Though there is a tinge of regret, it is time to move on. Nice to know at least some of the students will miss me. Small groups of students took me out to some informal dinners, which is quite appreciated. It is best to stop when people ask WHY, than WHY NOT.


LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...