Wednesday 8 June 2011

Nishkama Karma

I was talking to someone on 'Nishkama Karma' yesterday and he was very skeptical about the whole concept. He, who belongs to the new generation, just could not understand how one can work without anticipating rewards. Much explanation from my side convinced him a bit but not wholly. I had to assure him that one has to work without expecting any returns, and the returns will come in due course.

I have been doing 'Nishkama Karma' in Muscat for nearly 8 months, and today was rewarded big through the award of a major contract when I least expected it , which reinforces my faith in the concept.

So all of you out there "Do your duty diligently and with passion. Do not work with an aim to be rewarded immediately. Rewards will follow, though you may have to wait for it.'

The great thinkers who gave us these wonderful concepts were indeed wise.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...