Tuesday 6 September 2011

1000 and still counting.............................................................

My initial plan was to commence blogging on the New Years Day of 2008. But like many other things in my life, on a whim, I decided on October 9th, 2007, to create a blog. I was new to blogging, and had absolutely no clue as to how to go about it. Google came to my assistance and identified blogspot.com for me as my domain. This blog was thus born.

It was called Raja's World for the best part of a year and a half. I was never too comfortable with such a generic name. On the auspicious occassion of Makara Sakranthi, 14th January 2009, I rebranded it as RAJADHARMAM. And it has stayed that way since.

In my first post, I had written,

What can you expect in this blog? A wide range of topics ranging from current affairs to management to music to sports - critically analyzed. Raja's world will make you think.................................. This blog is my Gurudakshina to all those who taught me academically, professionally and in real life. May the Gurushishya parampara endure..............

Nearly 4 long  years down the line, this blog has reached the landmark of 1000 posts. And as promised, I had indeed critically analyzed a wide range of topics. I also hope that I have prodded my readers to think differently, challenged their conventional wisdom and made them view issues from a different angle.

Did I ever think I would be still here writing my 1000th post? Frankly no. Because I never thought, I had in me enough material to write so much about. I have heard that Marathon runners enter into a zone after a few kilometers, which makes them forget their tiredness and propels them forward. I know how they feel now. I have been bloody tired, battered and bruised during this journey lasting 4 years. Many a time, I just wanted to give up blogging, as I found myself short of new ideas, thoughts and feared I was being repetitive. But I persisted. Perseverance was never my virtue during my young years. I used to start new things, but give it up once the novelty wears off. But as I grew older, I just hated to give up anything. Maybe the influence of the powerful Saturn (Saneeswaran) in my horoscope.

My stats show I have readers from all over the world - India, Middle East, Holland, Canada, USA, South Africa and even tiny Portugal. Stats also show that my readers are more interested in blogs related to traditional ancient wisdom , mythology rather than on current affairs. This is a bit surprising.

Despite pressures from my friends and well wishers, I have refused to monitize my blog or link it with blog rolls or other blogs. I have always had a steady readers numbering 3-40 per day. I am thankful to my readers for coming back again and again. I hope at least a few of these posts would have provided stimulation to your brain cells.

I bow my head in pranam to my Gurus and Goddess Saraswathi. This 1000th posting would not have been possible without their blessings.

Let the marathon continue............................................

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...