Friday 30 September 2011

I leave it to your sense of Neethi and Nyayam

Case 1- Suppose I am in a room where my colleagues are conspiring to rob a bank. For some reasons, I keep quiet, though I am fully aware of the plan. They go ahead with the plan and get caught. The right thing for me to do would have been either to stop them or to intimate the police. I didnt do both. Am I guilty then, for being a mute spectator to the conspiracy? You bet I am. (If you have any doubt, ask Sudheendra Kulkarni - LK Advani's aid in the cash-for-votes scam. He didnt take the money, he didnt offer the money, he was not directly part of the sting but only facilitated the expose - but he is behind bars now!!!).

Cartoon sourced from web
Case 2 - You are a senior manager in an organization with joint responsibility for creating a major policy that could generate revenue for the company. You consciously do not follow sound advice, but support a decision that has been viewed with apprehension by the advisors and warned by them that it would cause loss to the company. You still go ahead, over ruling them and prompty the company loses millions of shareholders money. Do you expect the company to still retain you? Definitely not. Company will, at the least, suspend you pending an enquiry, and block all your service benefits and think of recovering a part of the lost money in the event of your being found guilty.

Replace the protagonists in Case 1 with Dr.Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister, and in Case 2 with P Chidambaram, the Home Minister, and see what should be done, and compare it with what is happening currently.

I leave it to your sense of Neethi and Nyayam.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...