Sunday 1 November 2015

Good bye, my friend!

I am very sentimental, and am attached to personal belongings that have been with me for a long time, especially if they were with me during my difficult times.

I hang on to slippers and shoes till they are worn out, no matter whether I have couple of brand new ones already purchased and used sparingly.

Ditto with my tennis racquet or pen.

I hate to change my car, unless absolutely required nor house. There is a comfort in reaching out for something with which you are very comfortable.

It doesn't mean that I don't embrace newer things. Quite the contrary. It is just that I like to surround myself  or wear things which are comfortable.

It is why I was extremely sad when my old iphone ( I don't even remember the version - I think it is iphone 4), purchased in August 2011 finally decided that it has had enough of me and decided to malfunction. I have been urged by all around me to change to a newer version even 2 years ago, but I resisted. And this in an era where people change mobiles every 6 months!!

My IT supplier, who knows my habits, jokingly told me to go for iphone 6s, while light heatedly passing a remark "better take it, as it is the best bet to last ANOTHER 4 years!!"

So with a heavy heart, I have to bid good bye to a dear friend. You have been with me through times good and bad, and have been very reliable. On my part, I have treated you with respect, and even today, after 4 years and 3 months, you look as good as new. If only your power switch didn't malfunction!! Sigh!

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...