Thursday 18 March 2010

Quick test to check whether an organization is well managed

In India, I form my preliminary thoughts about how well an organization is run through two things.

First, I check how many times a telephone rings before it is picked up, both at the operator level and at the extention level. If the employees allow the telephone to ring more than three times, then it is a sign that the company is not doing well. Good organizations ensure telephones are picked withing two rings, especially in the service sector.

Second, how clean the toilets are.If the toilet stinks and/or is unclean/dirty, then it is a clear indicator of poor administration/management. No decent manager can afford to work in an office with a smelly toilet.

In good organizations, employees take pride in their work and in their surroundings.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...