Wednesday 9 March 2011

Amnesia is a blessing, when you are in deep shit

Though academically Manmohan Singh has a Doctorate, as Prime Minister, he is still in UKG. Or at least his behaviour is that of a UKG Student.

What does a UKG Student do if he or she does some mischief and teacher queries him/her?

"Miss, I don't know"
"Miss, I didn't see"
and then as a last ditch attempt,
"Miss, it is this boy/girl near by who did"

All in a cringing, whining voice.

Ditto with our Prime Minister.

When the 2 G Scam revealed Rs 1.76 crores being siphoned off, and when MMS was queried, he replied,

" I don't know what happened. I trusted Raja. Raja is to be blamed, not me. Finance Ministry gave clearances. So they are to be blamed, not me. I had some doubts and wrote to Raja (but he chose to ignore me!! and I kept quiet). Then I don't know what happened." All this while newspapers after newspapers were screaming of the scam for years. He must be deaf and dumb.

When the S-Band spectrum scam by ISRO blew on his face, he again claimed "He didnt know, was not aware of the deal", though ISRO comes under the purvey of a ministry under him.

When everyone and then his aunt and then his little niece knew of P J Thomas being charge sheeted in the Palmolein case, only our PM was ignorant of this. Yesterday I watched him speak in the Rajya Sabha live on this. He was pathetic.Singh said he was not aware of a pending chargesheet against Thomas before attending the meeting of the high-powered panel. The PM then went one step forward. The PM stunned the Rajya Sabha by shifting the blame on to Prithviraj Chavan — now Maharashtra Chief Minister and the then Minister of State in charge of the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) — for not informing him about the chargesheet against Thomas and shortlisting his name. And he didnt say one word about why, when Sushma Swaraj raised the point of Thomas's pending court case, he insisted on going ahead with P J Thomas, and Thomas only.

Two days back everyone knew DMK was about to pull out their ministers from the Cabinet. When MMS was asked about this, he came up with his " I dont know anything" act.

We thought, having a doctorate, at least he will shed some light on why inflation is double digit. But last month, he said, hold your breath 'He didnt know' why the inflation was not coming down.

He never seems to know anything that is happening around him. Is he sitting in a sound proof room or is he deaf, blind and dumb? or does he have Alzhemiers?

Or is it that "He doesn't know' he is the Prime Minister of India?

The UKG teacher had a simple cure to this 'I dont know syndrome'. She gave the 'Cane Treatment' and the concerned boy/girl suddenly found their memory lightning fast.

But then how do we spank a 80 year old man? Or who will take it up to spank a 80 year old man?

Amnesia is a blessing, when  you are in deep shit.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...