Friday 18 July 2008

Guruve Namaha

"Guru Brahma
Guru Vishnu
Guru Devo Maheswarah
Gurusakshat Parambrahma
Tasmai shree Guruve namah"

On Guru Pournima, let me take a moment to bow to all my Gurus, irrespective of whether they were my formal teachers or not. Learning has been a continuous process and there are hundreds from whom I have learned, things big and small, important and inconsequential, good and bad. I consider all of them who gave me knowledge as my Guru.

The greatest 'punyam' I have got in this life is to become a Guru. I cherish every moment of it and consider it a god given gift. In my own small way I have tried to be a good guru to many. If I have made a small contribution to someone's life, I am happy.

It was on a Guru Pournima day four years ago that I lost the guru, who had a profound influence on my life - My father. The loss has been irreparable.

Let me on this day renew my oath to spread more knowledge and give whatever I have to the succeeding generations.

I have not forgotten my 'Dream Project' on bringing Gurus and people together. I have just recently taken the first step towards making it a reality. There is a long way to go yet.

The journey in quest of knowledge and spreading knowledge never ends.

'Kondu pokilla choranmar
Kodukkum thorum eridum
Menma thanne nasichalum
Vidya thanne maha dhanam"

Guruve Namaha!

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...