Saturday 19 July 2008

Inglish.................

The fundamental difference between a native English speaker and an Indian speaking English lies in the native English speaker thinking and speaking in English, while the Indian thinks in his mother tongue, translates in his mind and then speaks in English.

This often leads to hilarious situations as then the language ceases to be English and takes the avatar of Ineglish (Indian English). There are versions of Inglish like Manglish, Tanglish, Hinglish, Ginglish. Read on and figure it out if you can.

Principal to student - "I saw u yesterday rotating near girls hostel pulling cigarette...? "

Class teacher- "Pick up the paper and fall in the dustbin"


Hindi teacher -I'm going out of the world to America"

A few Teacher gems-
"Don't try to talk in front of my back
"Dont...Laugh at the back benches...otherwise teeth and all will be fallen down"
"Both of you three get out"
"Sunil, call that Misunderstanding" (the request was to call the girl student who was standing in the ground floor while the teacher was in the first floor)

It was very hot in the afternoon when the teacher entered.She tried to switch the fan on, but couldn't. and then this comment - "Why is fan not oning" (ing form of on)

Teacher in a furious mood- "Write down ur name and father of ur name"

Mother to son -"Will u hang that calender or else i'll HANG MYSELF"

Librarian in an school scolded - "If you will talk again, I will kneel down outside.

Chemistry Head of the Department -"My aim is to study my son and marry my daughter"

Headmaster to an errant student - "Tomorrow call ur parents, especially mother and father"

Teacher -"Why are you looking at the monkeys outside when i am in the class?"

Computer teacher in the lab to a student whose coding was incorrect - "I understand. You understand. Computers how understand?"

Seing the principal passing by, the teacher told the noisy class - "Keep quiet, the principal has just passed away"

A parking lot attendant to a car owner - "Sir, your previous tyre is flat"

- courtesy my good friend Sanjay in Delhi

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...