Saturday 29 November 2008

Arise, Awake.....................................

A group of men carrying AK 47's and grenades, trained in the neighbouring country hostile to India for decades, coming in by the sea and frontally attacking and killing Indians and our guests from different nationalities, destroying two major landmarks, holding hostages constitute an ACT OF WAR against my Country. If the Government were to live in the fool's world that War denotes only conventional warfare of attacking the borders by the foreign army, then they are sadly mistaken.

Let us make no mistake. WE HAVE BEEN ATTACKED BY THE ENEMY and WE ARE AT WAR.

We need to respond in a different way. The week kneed reaction of the Government makes me shudder to think about their ability to protect our country. We are sitting ducks for anyone who would like to take over our country.

I am also disappointed at all the political parties. Where are the Left parties, BJP, Congress, DMKs. AGP's, PDP's, JD(S) who call for Hartal and Bandh at the drop of a hat. We had the ridiculous situation of Dravidian parties shutting Tamil Nadu down for a day because Tamils in Srilanka were being killed. But when Indians die in India, they are very quiet. So much for patriotism. This was the time to show solidarity, call for a national bandh, exhort the people to come out to the street in millions to raise slogans against the terrorists. The sound of the slogans should reverbrate in distant Pakistan. I am sure our people would have come out in droves in support of such a worthy cause. Is anyone listening?

Finally, I am disappointed with the readers of this blog. This is the third post I am writing on the Mumbai attack. And I have not received a single comment. My earlier posts on terrorism had also not received any response from my readers. This blog may not amount to much, but we need to use every forum to express our anguish.

Fellow Indians, "Arise, Awake, and Stop Not Till the Goal Is Reached!", as Swami Vivekananda said long ago. Let us seize this moment and make a new beginning.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...