Thursday 20 November 2008

Pearls from Chanakyaneethi

Pearls from Chanakya Neethi,

"A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first." - (Can vouch from personal experience that this is true)


"There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth." - (People always ask WIIFM (What Is In it For Me))


"Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions - Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead."


"Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends." - I fully endorse the first and the last. I am not a great votary of scolding my children at any age.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...