Wednesday 18 February 2009

Words must be filled with beauty and courtesy

"Sri Rama used to capture the hearts of his people by his smiles and soft-spoken words. It is said that one's words must be filled with beauty and courtesy. Harsh and cruel words must not be used. It is ideal to have austerity of speech, body and mind. While good conduct, control of the senses, non-violence, the service of elders are described as the austerities of the body, self-control and purity of heart and mind are austerities of the mind. Even here, if these are tainted in the least by vanity and pride, they lose their purity and sanctity"

How I wish I could be soft spoken and less hurtful of others! (Sigh)


LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...