Friday 3 April 2009

Walk in the rain

Walked in a slight drizzle, on an overcast cloudy, windy day for an hour. What a great feeling! Mind and body became so fresh. The feel of the rain on the face was soothing.

Last time I did this was way back on August 15th, 1990 in Lonavala. We (me and 5 colleagues of mine) had a day off from our training program at HPCL training facility in Nigdi, near Pune. We made a one hour trip by train and walked in steady, persistent drizzle for nearly 3 hours. We were soaked and uncomfortable at the end of it.

But today was much better. Didnt get drenched, which ensured that the hour is something to cherish forever.

It is only when you are in the middle of a desert, you appreciate the value of even a little rain.

Life is also like that. We dont appreciate when things are in abundance. Father used to say that I will know his value only when he is dead and gone. And he was true.

Grab on to everything you like while you can, for they may never come your way again.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...