Sunday 3 May 2009

Broad based discussion

My earlier post on Srirams flaws had received some very enlightening comments from Dr.Manish.

Thank you Sir.

I need to make a clarification here. It was never my intention to demean Sri Rama. All I pointed out was a couple of minor flaws in an otherwise impeccable character. That, in fact, adds to the beauty of the charectarisation of Sri Raman.

Most of our epics have undergone changes over the centuries. In fact it is even possible that there could multiple authors over a few centuries. This is more noticeable in Mahabharatha.

Sri Raman is the nearest one can have to an ideal man.

One of my main grouse against how our epics are taught is that a student is not allowed to question. This should not be the case. My raising the point about Sri Ramans minor flaws encouraged the good Doctor to counter my view point. A health debate is the need of our society. It is through interaction that one broadens ones outlook.

I wish I get meaningful inputs in the comments section from my readers.

Blogging will be sporadic for a few days as I am pre occupied otherwise.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...