Sunday 17 May 2009

Election Results

Election results are out. UPA has come back with a substantial increase in seats. At least they will be rid of the baggages of the left and other parasites to a large extend. Let us see if Congress can give us a better governance than what it was. But Congress is in a Catch-22 situation. They had done some sleight of the hand accounting during the last few years that ensured that lot of expenses are defered to 2010 and 2011, hoping against hope that another government will bear this cross. Now, this profligacy will haunt them.

I would say this is a mature verdict given by the Indian Voter. They have punished the BJP for being inactive as an opposition during the past five years and for projecting a 81 year old as PM. BJP did not provide an attractive alternative to the voters and they lost. And they still did not give Congress and UPA a clear majority, thus putting them on notice

I would be dishonest if I were to tell you that am not unhappy with the results. I still feel Congress is bad for the Country, but my countrymen dont seem to think so. I have no choice to bow to the superior wisdom of the voters

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...