Sunday 21 June 2009

Safe and unsafe

I have heard many Indians crib and bitch about Kuwait, where they make a good living. Whenever someone has asked me the question 'How do I like Kuwait?', my reply is always " I always learn to like the country I live in". Happiness is a frame of mind. If we look for pretty things, we will find only those while if we go on looking for defects, we are susceptible to finding only faults.

A recent survey on the Safest Countries to live in the World, Kuwait comes a creditable 42 nd. Here is an extract from the report " In the most unstable neighbourhood in the world, Kuwait is an oasis of calm, and is ranked 42nd by the index. Considering that Iraq, the most dangerous place to live in the world, borders Kuwait, this achievement is no mean feat. Kuwait is regarded as one the most progressive Arab states and scores high in education and material well-being".

Incidently Oman comes in much higher at 21st and Qatar follows immediately.

Sadly, India is at a lowly 122nd amongst 144 countries evaluated. We need to introspect why the country that gave Ahimsa to the world, is quite unsafe.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...