Sunday 14 June 2009

Vouchers for School Children

In my post 'Of intentions and reality checks' dated 11th June 2009, I had lamented about the continued ignoring of the Primary education in India. I had also suggested that Government pay Rs 1000 per student per month who is stuying in Government Schools.

Now, columnist Swaminathan Ankleshwara Aiyer in Times of India, who is known for his out of the box thinking, thinks on similar lines. He talks about giving vouchers instead of cash, but the idea is the same. It is also heartening to note that a pilot project has been on in Delhi.

You may read the article here,

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Columnists/SA-Aiyar-An-open-letter-to-Kapil-Sibal/articleshow/4653435.cms

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...