Saturday 15 May 2010

Testing of an advertising idea!


About a decade and a half back when I was running the NIIT franchise, I was always on the look out for new avenues for advertising. That was the time when the blouses became smaller and smaller with most of the back side left open (We even had blouses with windows in the back) I used to wonder aloud what an ideal place it is for an advertiser to advertise his logo. "Imagine the sheer number of women wearing sarees (those days Churidars, jeans/top were not in vogue as it is today) and the advertisement sure not to miss catching the eye of the eager male population" - that was the gist of my argument. I always regretted that I never got a chance to test whether my idea was workable or not.



Now, thanks to Mandira Bedi, that worry is over, and I am glad to note I was not wrong.





Her tattoo has got the attention of none other than the Akal Takht, the supreme body of Sikhs as this report will show. Of course this is not a commercial advertisesment, as the tattoo symbolises Ek Onkar (God is One), but still it validates my idea :)


LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...