Saturday 3 July 2010

Germany - What a team!

I have been commenting on all my world cup related blogs to never underestimate Germany. They came into this World Cup with a very young team, with two out of form strikers in Podolsky and Klose and without their talisman captain Ballack. But Germans are big match players. They thrive on pressure and they are physically very very strong. They have been magnificient this World Cup and proved that Football is all about scoring Goals.

As I said before, I never thought I will see a day when I would be cheering a German Team, for I used to abhor their functional, artless, physical football. But this German team has been a relevation. In Ozil and Schweinsteiger, they have two wonderful players. And Mueller has been magnificient, and so refreshingly young.

To take apart a supremely talented Argentina, comprising of Messi and Tavez, 4-0 takes some doing. They absorbed the immense pressure put by the Argentines on either side of the half time, and then counter attacked with brilliance to score two more goals to the opening one to settle the issue.  Carefreeness of the youth and a payoff for investing in a youth program by German Football Federation 20 years ago.

Football at its best.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...