Sunday 18 July 2010

Key concepts explained!

Some Economic, Financial and Marketing Transactions Explained!. An amusing take, extracted from an article in http://newstodaynet.com/

I give you something, you give me something back. This is the basic barter system, much in vogue in ancient times. But when you gave cows and goats and got back cows and goats in exchange, I think the business cannot be called all that enterprising.

I give you something, but you not only don’t give me anything in return, but also become rude and callous to me. This, needless to say, is how the modern-day governments were born.

You take a lot from me. You get on a pedestal and announce several things, none of which is understandable or beneficial to me. Yes, it’s Finance Minister announcing the fiscal policies in the budget presentation.

I give you a lot, but you give me just an useless piece of paper in exchange. Ok, you know it, I am indeed talking about stock market operations.

I give you something, you don’t give me something, but you are nice to you. This heralded the arrival of modern-day journalism, by which I mean big business.


I give you signed papers. You give me money. I return more money than you give. You return my papers? No, you ask for my blood. Cue: Personal loans from banks.


You don’t give me anything, I don’t give you anything. And we both don’t give anything to anybody else, but we gather a lot of people and talk to them how we both have made a lot of money in the whole business. This is, of course, multi-level marketing.

Okay, the last one: You just keep calling me. And I go: ‘*#$3@^&.’ This is the highest form of business and trade today: Tele-marketing.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...