Saturday 17 July 2010

Sai Na!

The more I see of Saina Nehwal, World No.2 Badminton Player, the more impressed I am. The girl has class.

In an era, where every half bit India non-cricket sports person, who has hardly achieved anything,  take a potshot at cricketers and the money they are earning, Saina's comments comes as a whiff of fresh air.

Asked to comment on the Rs 210 crore deal of Mahinder Singh Dhoni, Saina wished India's cricket team captain the best. "He is a cricketer. I think we should not compare it [cricket with badminton]. Cricket is always a first sport for India. I am really happy for him and I am happy with whatsoever I am getting. I just want to do well for my country in the game and am happy with that."


"I see changes in my sport and also in the way my sponsorships are happening. I am really happy with the progress. But I don't want to forget that it is all because of my game. At the same time, I am really happy to be associated with such big brands now."


To a question about her potential brand value, she replied: "I don't know anything. I just have to focus only on my game. These things hardly bother me; my work is only to play and do well."
 
Touche. This girl will go far

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...