Friday 25 January 2008

Republic Day Message

On the eve of Republic Day, when he was asked to compose a message for the people, former President Prof. APJ Abdul Kalam, responded promptly,


Dear friends, let me share with you a seven-point resolve on the occasion of ensuing Republic Day 2008:
  1. Wherever I am, a thought will always come to my mind -- 'What can I give?'
  2. Whatever the mission I will do, my motto will be - to work with integrity and succeed with integrity. I will always remember that 'my winged days, be not spent in vain'
  3. I realise I have to set a great goal that will lead me to think high, work and realise the goal
  4. My greatest friends will be great human beings, great teachers and great books
  5. I will firmly believe that no problem can defeat me; I will become the captain of the problem, defeat the problem and succeed.
  6. My National Flag flies in my heart and I will bring glory to my nation. - courtesy www.rediff.com

Since the great man echoes my sentiments, I limit myself to reproducing his message.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...