Thursday 20 March 2008

I hang my head in shame!

A study conducted by the National Sample Survey Organisation has revealed that one out of five persons in rural India does not even have the capacity to spend even 12 rupees a day.

"The report says that per capita consumption expenditure of 18.7 per cent of the rural population and 4.7 per cent of the urban population in the country is less than Rupees 12 per day. It implies that 16.3 crore people in the country spend less than Rs 12 per day representing 14.7 of the total population," Minister for Rural Development Reghuvansh Prasad informed the Lok Sabha

Would someone kindly tell me where all the money collected as tax from the people of India are going to?

I, as an Indian Citizen, am ashamed and hang my head in shame.

Let each one of us do what we can to correct this abysmal scenario in our own small way

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...