Saturday 8 March 2008

The key to happiness

The first question someone asks when they hear I am working in Kuwait is

"How long are you in Kuwait?", followed by

"How is Kuwait? Do you like Kuwait? How is the working environment?"

My answers are standard.

"Kuwait is great, for I learn to like the Country I live in"

There are plus points and minus points in any country. We tend to appreciate only the good points of India while conveniently ignoring what is good in Kuwait and highlighting only those things that irks us.

It is like saying, "My mother calling me lazy is because she loves me, but my mother in law calling me lazy is not acceptable as she is being bitchy"

Similar with your job. Learn to love your job and your Organization. Invest in loving both. You will definitely get returns. Job satisfaction is a frame of mind, so is being happy. You need to look at things positively.

The key to being happy lies in managing your expectations and to look at the positives.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...