Monday 26 January 2009

I am an Indian and I am second to none

Let us rejoice the fact that we are a Republic. Let us take a vow not to take our hard fought independance and freedom to choose our own rulers for granted. Let us do what we can for our great country, however little it may be.

It can be refusing to pay a bribe, raising our voice against injustice, maintaining high ethical standards, teaching one underprivileged child, keeping our surroundings clean, reducing pollution, mentoring a colleague, passing on our knowledge ------- the options are endless. But let us get started now

Let us have pride in our nation and its ancient culturally and intellectually vibrant civilization. Let us hold our head high and say with pride "I am an Indian and I am second to none"

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...