Tuesday 13 January 2009

Random news with comments

Random news with my comments............................
"Recession due to lack of spirituality. Lack of spirituality and culture is the main cause behind the rampant corruption in the world. People have become selfish and materialistic, which has led to the economic slowdown," Dalai Lama - (Excuse me your Holiness! I thought more materialism means more demand for goods, which in turn means economic growth. I just am not able to follow your logic).
"I was not aware of the fraud as I blindly signed the documents given to me" - Vadlamani Srinivas, disgraced CFO of Satyam Computers. Srinivas pointed fingers at his assistant Rama Krishna who has been working him for about ten years. "Prior to quarterly board meetings Ramakrishna will prepare balance sheet with the assistance of his team with internal employees. I do not pay much attention to the details of that balance sheet. (ha ha, he he, ho ho......................What does he take us to be? Idiots?)
Two persons have been suspended for allegedly selling a Tricolour in Rajasthan. - But what is wrong in selling the Tricolour. Khadi Gramodyog Bhavan does that. I buy from there. So should we be prosecuting them also?)
Congo V-P accused of using rape to intimidate civilians - ( Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh. Please don't give such ideas to our Politicians. They will queue up to emulate the honorable Congo Vice President)
Laughter is the best therapy for obesity - ( Fat people have generally a better sense of humour. They laugh more. So the result of the above study cannot be true. If you have doubt, all you have to do is have a look at me. Anyway, this means that I dont have to diet or struggle in the Gym. Just sit and laugh. Hope they dont take me to Kilpauk or Oolampara)
"We will not handover any Pakistani to India" - Pakistan authorities commenting in connection with Mumbai blast ( Hello! how about handing over a guy called Dawood Ibrahim then?)

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...