Wednesday 23 June 2010

Rajopadesam - 1

Never take 10 days to do something that can be done in 10 minutes !!!

Nothing irritates me more than professionals delaying a work for no apparent reason. Recently I asked a couple of professional colleagues to give me a simple document showing their skill sets - One gave after 3 days after a reminder, another took one week, another promised to give within a week but has not done so even after 3 weeks, and two others have just not bothered. All it would have taken them to prepare and e mail the 2 page document was 30 minutes, and they claim they have not found time to do it - in 30 days??

Another case involved the signing of an Agreement. I met the concerned people on 3rd of June. The Agreement was fairly standard, with only my personal details to be filled in, which I promptly furnished by the next working day after reveiwing the draft. It took them another 12 days for them to prepare the original agreement which I signed in 2 minutes, but it took the first party another 3 working days to get it countersigned.

A third incident involved another professional acquaintance. He called me up three weeks back and solicited my assistance in a professional venture. He set up a meeting a week down the line. On the day of the meeting, he promptly cancelled it citing the reason that he had to get his car repaired and promised to fix up the meeting on another day and has vanished since. He apparently has his own consultancy, and if this is the way he treats his clients, I dread to think what is in store for them.

Why are we like this?

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...