Tuesday 1 June 2010

Ways of Worship -8

The eighth and final way of worship is SAMARPANAM.


Samarpanam has to be totally selfless and without expecting anything in return. Here we offer a part our earnings and assets to others. It also means we put to others everything we have at our disposal. Daanam is an important aspect of Samarpanam. Daanam can be in the form of Vastra daanam, Raktha daanam, Bhoo daanam, Go daanam, Anna daanam or any other daanam as per one's ability. In Tamil Brahmin marriages, the bride is given to the boy, by the brides parent, as Kanyaa daanam, which is considered to be the ultimate samarpanam by the brides parents, for they are offering a part of themselves to the groom. I, personally, do Vidya Daanam, where I give as my offering Knowledge to those who desire it.

LIFES LESSONS - My Poem

LIFES LESSONS - A Poem by Rajan Venkateswaran   At Eight and Fifty  I learned to take baby steps again  For neuropathy had laid me down  Ma...